The Microgrants Program and Inside Advocacy Program are paused until further notice, as we are unable to distribute microgrants at this time. Trans Lifeline is experiencing a period of financial uncertainty that has forced us to reduce the size and scope of our organization and temporarily pause some of our direct service programs. We are very hopeful that we will be able to resume distributing microgrants once we’ve had the chance to reassess the financial stability of the organization. You can read more about the circumstances that led to this decision here. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
- One-time $1,500 microgrant
- The first application cycles opened on June 1st, 2023 and closed on June 14th, 2023
- Two application cycles in 2023; exact dates of 2nd cycle TBD
- 60% of these Microgrants are reserved for Black applicants; 30% for non-Black applicants of color; 10% for white applicants
- Lottery system (applicants selected randomly from each racial identity pool)
- 90 grants were distributed in the first cycle
- Identify as someone who experiences transmisogyny (the specific oppression directed towards people perceived as trans feminine)
- This includes trans women, trans femmes, Two Spirit people, and trans & gender non-conforming people who were assigned/assumed male at birth – but is not limited to these labels!
- Be a resident of the U.S. or U.S. territories
How to apply:
- The application will live at the top of this page when it is open.
- Sign up for email reminders to get updates
We are not able to offer assistance for:
- Other medical costs
- Non-U.S. residents