End-of-Year Pause in Hotline Operations & New Hours in 2024
Trans Lifeline is undergoing a significant and challenging phase of transition, coinciding with a critical period in which trans people nationwide are facing relentless attacks on our fundamental rights and freedoms. Moreover, funding for Trans Lifeline—especially from corporations—has dramatically dropped this year, leaving us with a $2.5 million shortfall. All of this is happening at a time when the demand for our life-saving services has reached unprecedented levels.
To enhance the quality of service for our callers and support our team during this challenging phase, we are making some changes to our hotline service:
- Our hotline operators will go on a two-week break from December 18 to January 1st.
- Starting on January 1st, the hotline will resume taking calls with new operating hours.
The two-week pause will allow our operators a much-needed break in what has been a very difficult season, and the new hotline operating hours will ensure that we have operators available to handle the still-increasing volume of calls.
As of January 1st, 2024, Trans Lifeline’s hotline operating hours will be:
Monday through Friday:
- 10 AM – 6 PM Pacific
- 11 AM – 7 PM Mountain
- 12 PM – 8 PM Central
- 1 PM – 9 PM Eastern
We plan to re-open the Hotline on Saturday and Sunday later in 2024.
During the pause in hotline operations, here is a list of resources that we hope can provide some solace during this challenging time.
We remain steadfast in our commitment to the well-being of trans people, and we deeply appreciate your patience as we strive to build and expand our hotline services to meet the increasing needs of our community.
Trans Lifeline’s Hotline Team
US (877) 565-8860
Canada (877) 330-6366
- An End-of-year Message from Trans Lifeline
- Navigating Change: Trans Lifeline Initiaties Restructure for Long-Term Resilience
- End-of-Year Pause in Hotline Operations & New Hours in 2024
- Tucking Guide for Trans Femmes, Trans Women & AMAB
- Is Binding Supposed to Hurt?